Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Carson Michael

Carson Michael Smith was born on November 11, 2009 at 2:34 am. He weighed 8 lbs 12 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long.

My water broke at 5 pm on November 10 just as Britt got home from work. (Thank goodness!) When I arrived at the hospital, I was started on Pitocin, because the doctor wanted me to deliver as soon as possible due to my blood pressure. Unfortunately, my doctor was out with the flu, so a different doctor delivered him. I was disappointed, because my doctor and I had been through all my issues during pregnancy, but it turned out just fine! I dialated quickly, and got my epidural. I had to push for about 2.5 hours, and finally Carson was born! He was born at 36 weeks and 5 days, but thankfully he was healthy!





No comments:

Post a Comment