Thursday, October 15, 2009

I really didn't think this was going to happen...

My appointment that was originally schedule for tomorrow got moved to today earlier this week. I had an ultrasound when I got there. I got another 4d pic of Carson's face! I will try to post it later when I'm not so tired! He still looks like Britt, and he is still a boy (thank goodness)! The ultrasound tech said he is measuring at 36 weeks, and he weighs approximately 6 lbs! I am 33 weeks, so he is still measuring about 3 weeks ahead of schedule. My doctor said is is in the 97th percentile, which means that he is bigger than 97% of babies at this stage. I guess Britt's wish of having a NFL player in the future might work out for him! If I have him at full term, he is expected to be at least 9 lbs. The only thing I'm really bummed about is that my doctor said today that I will probably be having a csection, and from the look on her face, probably seemed more like a definitely...

Anyways, on to the good stuff, or the bad stuff, however you want to look at it...

Whenever the nurse took my blood pressure it was 140/73, which is high for me. My blood pressure is usually in the 120's/60's. She also noted that my feet are super swollen! They are actually so swollen that I can only wear flip flops, so I'm not the most fashionable person these days! Anyways, I didn't think anything would come of my high blood pressure, so I just sat there scanning over my list of questions while I was waiting for the doctor. Most of my questions became obsolete once she delivered the news. I had planned on talking to her about my "birth plans," which included getting an epidural (a given with a csection), having Britt cut the umbilical cord (not allowed during csections), and I was going to ask her what to do about my swelling and pain while working (not necessary anymore). She took my blood pressure for a second time, and she said it was still high. She asked me what kind of work I did, and I told her I teach 10th grade and that my blood pressure is probably high due to work, which has been extremely stressful over the past couple of weeks (I won't get into that).

Long story short, or not so short, she put me on bedrest until I have Carson. I asked her exactly what she meant by bedrest, and she said I can only shower, go to the bathroom, and come to her office. I now have to visit her office TWICE a WEEK...Mondays and Thursdays. This coming Monday I will be having what is called a Non Stress Test to make sure Carson is ok and make sure my placenta is still doing what it is supposed to do. Then on Thursday I believe she said I will be having another ultrasound.

I will be going to my baby shower next weekend! I wouldn't miss that for anything! Bedrest is somewhat of a relief for me, because I have been under an immense amount of stress, and honestly my body aches pretty badly. I feel like someone beat me up! It also brings some new stress though. For one thing, I have to call my boss tomorrow and break the news. I'm sure they will be thrilled. (That's me being sarcastic!) I also have to spend the weekend making lesson plans for my sub, and I have to go up to school and get my personal belongings since I will be gone from there until at least mid-January. I thought I had weeks left to prepare!!! I'm also the kind of person that has a really hard time sitting at home. If I'm here for more than about a day, I get stir crazy! I also feel guilty for leaving my students. I didn't get to say goodbye! Believe it or not, you do get attached to some of them! Oh, and speaking of weeks, I did ask my doctor if I should plan on him being here early, and she said it is a possibility. The problem with high blood pressure is that I might be in the early stages of pre-eclampsia, and she said the only cure for that is delivering the baby, which is the whole reason I'm on bedrest...to keep my blood pressure down and to keep him in there as long as we can. He needs to stay in there 6-7 more weeks!

I guess I'll update on Monday after my appointment. I promise I won't write so much next time!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Well I think that you should get a doctors note saying that you need a fellow teacher to stay with you everyday until Britt gets home to wait on you and keep you entertained!! I will sacrafice myself and go on Pseudo-Maternity leave for 3 months and be your movie watching pal!! =) I'm LOVING this plan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a blessing in disguise. You have been under such pressure and you need some down time. The fun part starts AFTER he gets here so you need to take care of yourself now so that you can be ready for when he gets here. I understand about sitting at home but you just have to remember this is for Carson! It will be worth it! If you need help with anything, please call Amanda or I. Either one of us can help you! Don't hesitate to call us. You were there for Amanda and so now it is our turn to help you!
    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete