Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thursday's Appointment

I had an appointment at 3 on Thursday. I had to wait in the waiting room until 4:30 until I got called back! To add to that, I didn't even get to see my doctor, because she had to leave to deliver twins via c-section at another hospital. After waiting forever, I saw the nurse practitioner. She was so nice, and she wasn't rushed or in a hurry like my doctor often is. I got to ask her all my questions. I keep a list of questions saved on my phone, but I usually only get to ask maybe one when I see my doctor. The nurse practioner said that they are not going to change my due date due to the size of the baby, but it might mean that I have to have a csection. I'm not looking forward to that at all. I really didn't want to have a csection. I've never had surgery, broken a bone, and haven't even had stitches before, so major abdominal surgery really freaks me out!

My next appointment is on October 16 at 8am, and it will include another ultrasound to see how much the baby has grown. I hope since my appointment is at 8 that my doctor will still be in the office, and maybe she won't be so rushed since I will be her first appointment that day.

On September 26, we took our hospital tour. Now we know where everything is. Labor and Delivery is on the 3rd floor, and then after I have him, we will be moved to the 6th floor. We also preregistered, so we don't have to stop and do any paperwork when I go to the hospital to have him. We also met with the pediatrician on Monday the 28th, and him and his staff seemed really nice, so we are definitely going to use him.

I don't have any pictures to post this time. I'm still looking at my ultrasound pictures everyday. I can't believe how much he looks like Britt! I finally got curtains for the nursery. I got them from Target for 7.99 a panel. What a deal! Pam had to hem them up, and Britt hung a new curtain rod. They look great! My shower is in 3 weeks, so after that I will really be able to finish everything up!

I'm 31 weeks now, and only 62 days until my due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment